Saturday, November 7, 2009

Girl On Top Re-cap

Last night I drove down to the Westfield Southcenter Mall to attend the Girl On Top event which was hosted by The Limited. I would be lying if I said I had been in a Limited in the last several years but honestly they had some really nice pieces and accessories. They were much nicer than I remember!

Before the event started, myself and other anxious ladies formed a very orderly line outside the store. Several of my blogger friends were there too, which made waiting in line fly by. We were let in at 6pm - there were several friendly store employees to greet up, wine and frozen custard (which was delicious!) to snack on.

Myself and a few other fashion bloggers (Jess, Kristina, Youa, Sydney, Shalonne, Darrah and Kam) had our pictures taken with Nicole Williams, the author of Girl On Top. She was very friendly and easy to chat with. She was dressed in clothing from The Limited and these hot peep toe Christian Louboutin heals.

Once the actual fashion show started, Nicole and another women from The Limited (sorry I didn't write down her name) showed us several looks to wear for interviews, business meetings, general work attire and even taking the look from work to evening. This was where I started to see The Limited in a new light. I took pictures of this portion of the event so go check them out! (The models are store employees).

After the show, they introduced their stylists who came from the home office in Columbus, OH. I immediately grabbed one and asked her for some help on buying a suit as I have not bought one in over 5 years. She was glad to help and assisted me in finding the perfect fit for me. Trying it on took quite awhile as they only have 6 dressing rooms and most women seemed to have the same idea as me. Once I made it into the dressing room one of the stylists came by and helped me with a belt and another shirt... The customer service was amazing - A+! I bought the whole suit, a belt and 2 tops... Oh I forgot to mention it was all 40% off for the event so I feel like I got a great deal! I'm not a person who wears a suit often so I made sure to pick one that I could piece out with my normal clothing - I'm pretty thrilled with my purchase!

They also had this cool obi belt and it sold out at the event - they said it would... I am just going to have to add it to my wish list.

After the event I headed out and grabbed my gift bag that was said to be "valued at over $500" - I must say I do not agree with that statement. The gift bag had some nice items in it but there is no way it's actually valued at $500. It contained the latest Elle magazine, a bottle of lavender lotion, an "emergency kit" from plan b, a few coupons, and a small clutch bag from The Limited with a $19.95 price tag. The items are nice and I'll use them but they are not worth $500, so I'm sorry if that was why you headed down there, but hopefully the event was fun for you too!

Check out Nicole's book, Girl On Top, Youa read it and said it was a good read!

Thank you for the invite, it was an amazing event and I'm so glad I went!

No comments: