Friday, April 17, 2009

Tarina Tarantino is my Hero

Back in the day when being a jewelry designer was my ultimate dream goal in life I emailed a little known designer who was living in NY with her boyfriend/business partner at the time and working out of her apartment. She emailed me back a nice little email with a few helpful tips... Sadly, I don't remember what it said or even have that email anymore but it was nice none-the-less.

As the years have gone by she has since married that guy, had 2 daughters and they have built a very successful and extraordinary jewelry line. Hello Kitty works with her and she even has her own Barbie. (Yes, I have that Barbie, like you should even ask that!!! Duh!)

Photo By Jeremy & Claire WeissThe designer I speak of is Tarina Tarantino. She is my rock star of the jewelry world. I love her style, and without sounding like some crazy psycho stalker, I would love to be her! Not in a crazy wear her skin type of fashion (ew gross!) but rather in admiration for her style and success. She has taken her little jewelry line and expanded it to be quite a large business! She is even international and has 3 boutiques all of her own. All the while having gorgeous pink hair!! She is my hero! (Check out this article from Swindle Magazine on her.)

So, what has spawned this blog... Well it seems Curtsy Bella Boutique in Seattle is having a trunk show of her jewelry they they carry and I fully plan on heading over there this weekend to check it out. It will be going on the 18th and the 19th. Maybe I'll see ya there!

Happy Friday!!

No comments: