Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love You, Barbie

Most of you won't know this but I am a collector of Barbie. I have been getting the Holiday Barbie's for years. I have every single one in their original box except one. I have her, but I took her out of the box. It was 1988... I was 11 or 12 when I got her! I didn't know.



A few years ago Mattel started a ballerina line of Barbie's, I have the first one in that series (pictured above), she is porcelain and by far one of my favorites. They made one other in the series, Classic Grace, and then stopped the series. My mom tried to get the 2nd one but wasn't able to.

I also have an Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany's Barbie as that is my favorite movie/actress.

Just a few days ago I got a comment on my blog by a guy, Kenneth Fron, who liked my blog. In return I went to check out his blog and low and behold I learned all about a new Babrie that I must have - the Tarina Tarantino Barbie!! She is only one of the coolest jewelry designers out there, she is who I wish I could be professionally! Back when I first moved out here I emailed her after coming across her website. I just wanted to pick her brain for advice. She actually emailed me back a very nice email... To bad I didn't save it. Check out her jewelry site, she has some really fun jewelry that I am sure you may recognize!

You know you've made it when you have your own Barbie... She is the epitome of fashion! Goal # 274, get own Barbie!

<---- Oh and check out this image and little story by clicking on it, this is why I love Barbie... I wish I could come up with this stuff for a living, what a fun job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tarah! Glad you checked out my Blog as well. Your Barbie posting is awesome! I placed your Blog under my LINKS section on my Blog and it's fine if you want to do the same for me. Great suggestion! Thanks!!!! Kenneth

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love Barbie dolls. This was a great read. On the subject of fashion, St. Louis just had a huge fashion show called Rock the Runway. Here's some pictures from it. Enjoy! http://stlouis.metromix.com/events/photogallery/photo-galelry-rock-the/482863/content