Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday America (and Tim)!

Wow, the weekend flew by way to fast! Hopefully you all had a fabulous 4th of July weekend and were able to spend some quality time with friend and family.

My day job gave us Thursday AND Friday off so I had lots of time to relax and enjoy the Summer weather. Woohoo!

Thursday, after spending most of the day doing stuff around the house, I ventured up to my local Tully's coffee shop to meet with Cory who has started a new website called stylescout.com. It seems like it will be a really fun place to go and discuss fashion with other like minded people and local boutiques. He setup an invitation code for UFN readers – it is UrbanFashion. It will work for anyone that visits stylescout.com and creates an account. Go check it out and let me know what you think.

After that I headed to a yoga class with my boot camp group and got all kinds of stretched out. Man, I need to do more of that! We tried to then eat at Bamboo Garden... Closed... Then Sushi Land... Closed... What the *&@#! I had no idea some restaurants closed early on July 3rd... We finally found a place open, Tup Tim Thai.

Friday was July 4th! We had a few friends over for BBQ'ing and socializing. Then we headed over to Geoff's boat to watch the fireworks on Lake Union. It was a really enjoyable time!

Saturday was pretty low key. Nothing worth writing about. Sunday I woke up and went to boot camp with Regina and Melissa... although I wasn't feeling real well so I did, like, woosie boot camp... When I got home I started to ache all over, my throat hurt, my head hurt, I had a temperature... I was coming down with the flu. I started taking emergen-c and trying to get myself medicated but I just felt worse and worse. It was a pretty miserable day.

I still didn't feel well on Monday so I stayed home and rested. Regina dropped off Back to The Future, that made me feel a little better. ;) I had so much free time I watched all the little commentary tidbits on the DVD. Did you know that Eric Stoltz was the original Marty McFly?!



Oh, and by the way, I found out yesterday my dog, Scooby, is in the running for the NWSource Pet Photo contest - please go vote for him here (he is on the 2nd row, middle picture). You can vote everyday if you want!! Reagan (our other dog) won last year and it's about time Scooby wins something - he is tired of her strutting around all the time... He'd love your support. :)

Ok, enough of my ramblings... Go enjoy the day!

No comments: