Monday, November 3, 2008

Rosemary's Baby

I tend to find fashion in places I wasn't expecting it... Sunday night I went to see Rosemary's Baby for the first time - it was playing at SIFF Cinema. I went in thinking it was going to be super scary but really it was just suspenseful. I did enjoy it though and Mia Farrow is quite adorable in all of her tent dresses and flats.

Her clothing in the movie was really cute and was well picked out for her. She wore a pair of black patent leather Mary Jane's that I am obsessed with now (finding a picture of them online has proven to be impossible)... It may be hard to find a replica of a shoe worn in 1968 though...

I tried to find some good screen grabs from the movie but most are in black and white or of her in her blue nightgown... Not really what I was looking for. Trying to find out who designed the clothing for the movie was also impossible... All I could find was Anthea Sylbert was the costume designer.

I did find a dress online today that looks like it could be straight out of the movie (and that era). I love it! It's on sale for $328.30 - it's a Jil Stuart after all... The website is having a 40% off sale though if you vote on Nov 4th (code: IVOTE40).

No comments: