Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh Sunday, Sunday... La La Laa La Laaa

Today was a good day, even with the snow flurries. Sunday's tend to be somewhat dreadful for me in the sense of them being the last day of the weekend. I know the next day is a work day and I'll have to go back to the joys of sitting at a desk, working. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and am extremely thankful to be employed in this crazy time we live in... However, I do wish my Sunday's were longer.

My day started off with dropping the hubby off at work and then heading back home to do a deep conditioner treatment on my hair. Maybe not exciting to talk about but I was really excited about doing it. Something about soft hair is always a plus! I bought this stuff that was recommended to me called Hask Henna 'n' Placenta Dual-Action. Yes, I said placenta, animal placenta to be exact. The package assures me there is no animal testing or cruelty to animals ("Placenta extract, derived from animal placenta (Environmentally responsible formula), is combined with amino proteins to revitalize and protect every hair type. Cruelty free. No animal testing. Made in U.S.A.")... Still, somewhat weird sounding. It only takes 10 minutes which isn't bad. I bought another brand that takes 45 to an hour. I'll try that one another day. If you are wondering, it made my hair nice and soft and shiny and it even smelled nice... Not at all what I would imagine placenta would smell like... Ew!

After all of that I met my new friend, Maki, for noodles at Boom Noodle in Capitol Hill. I really enjoy that place and the conversation was enjoyable! It's fun helping someone learn about new things. I explained what beets were (surprisingly not easy to explain) and how to use the term "crush" as in I have a crush on him/her. She explained to me about the Japanese number system, which is still pretty confusing to me... She was even so kind to bring me an early birthday gift - thanks Maki!

The rest of the afternoon consisted of me running errands at Costco (yawn), Uwajimaya and getting bubble tea (the new flavor I tried today was Lychee - YUM! Last Sunday was Taro as I'm trying to try flavors other than my favorite, coconut.)

The rest of my evening has consisted of me updating the UFN boutique and designers listings. I am so far behind (laziness!) but finally I have caught up somewhat. Sooooo, go check out the designers and the boutiques, they've been updated somewhat. I still have a few more to add and hopefully will this week!

Ok, I am sure I have bored you enough for the evening. ;) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments: