Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change

Yesterday I was engrossed in the inauguration which was a first for me. I have never watched one nor really cared to. Yesterday, however, I was so excited to watch it. I got a little choked up during President Obama's speech. I felt prideful yesterday and when I looked around me I noticed I wasn't the only one. (Secretly I wished we had gone to DC to be apart of it all... even with ALL those people!)

Hubby even said he got choked up several times and almost cried a bit. Don't tell him I told you that though. ;)

I know not everyone is excited for our new President but I hope those of you who aren't can find the pride that a lot of us are feeling. It feels great to feel so united to people. I am proud to be an American. :)

Ok, moving on as this isn't a political blog... So my fabulous friend from FL, Michelle, is disappointed in me at my lack of updating my blog. So this is for her! Sorry, I must claim a bit of laziness. The weather in Seattle is really effecting me this year. I've grown accustomed to the grey and drizzle in the years before but this year it's really getting to me. It's been so foggy and cold - I just want to lay on my couch, eat hummus and pita and watch TV. Sad, I know!! I love to workout too but HAVEN'T in quite sometime. Thankfully I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either... ughhhh... I need some sun!!!

My day job is moving to Seattle Feb 2nd and we have a nice new gym that is free to us 24/7 so I have no excuse now. I must begin working out the day we move in. Hold me to it, I have to do it!! I have to get out of hibernation mode...

I haven't been to any recent fashion events as January tends to be pretty low key in that area. Things will begin to pick up for UFN soon. I am looking forward to fashion shows, craft fairs and the local scene. The next big event coming up though is Project Red Dress, if you're in Seattle I suggest you check it out!!

Have a great day. Don't worry Michelle, I will update more. I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment about Obama!!

Dad

Michelleen1977 said...

I feel so wonderfully famous now that I got mentioned in your blog!I love reading it, it makes me feel more connected and informed about your goings on! Love ya and keep up the good blogging!

Unknown said...

Heh. Guess Dad isn't thrilled with our new President... :c)

But I am. It is the most amazing historic event I have been witness to and like so many others, I am thrilled that he won.

Not that I like him or anything, of course... Don't tell Dad. :c)

Tina