Friday, October 24, 2008

Henri Bendel Open See is MONDAY

I just learned from local jewelry designer Xenia Mara that the Henri Bedel 'Open See' day is Monday! Quick, buy your airplane ticket and head on over to NY for your chance to show your product to the buyers of Henri Bendel. I did it a few years ago and it was a fun experience!

I will say though that I got there at 3am to stand in line and we were #3 and #4 in line. We waited till about 9:30am, they opened the doors and took a chunk of us in. We were quickly walked down to the buyers, we sat down, they asked for our samples, looked them over, gave me a card and said they'd be in contact. It lasted about 5 minutes. I did get a call back but in the long run nothing came of it, even after a return flight to NY to take all my samples to show...

I would do it again though - I met some of the most amazing designers!!

Good luck Xenia - you will do great!

No comments: