Sunday, June 1, 2008

SATC & the CRAVE Market

Today was finally the day I got to go see Sex and the City. I won't give you any spoilers because that's not cool... I will say though that I loved the movie. I laughed, I cried and I laughed some more. The outfits were amazing, the shoes, the accessories - I loved it all. Way to go Patricia Field!! I wish I had half the clothing budget she had!! (Dear Santa, please send me my own stylist along with fashion budget for Christmas. Amen & thank you, Tarah)

If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to check it out. If you were a fan of the show then I think you will be pleased with the movie! (I wish I was getting paid for that plug!)

After the movie I met Dawn at the Seattle Center to check out the CRAVE Market. There were tons of local businesses there promoting fitness, massage, chocolate, skin care, etc.

Local boutiques and designers had tables selling their wares at sample sale prices. I picked up two cute dresses from Horseshoe in Fremont and an amazing leather handbag from Kimberly at Clutch. Then we mosied over to Dry Soda for my favorite flavor, Lavender. Sustainable Style Foundation was there as well so we chatted with Zanetha to get the low down on what they do and how we could get involved.

All in all, I think Melody put together a great event. I love the sample sale idea and getting all those boutiques together in one place. You really can find something you need when you have that many options.

From all the designers and boutiques I spoke with, it sounded like it was a great venue for them and they did really well. I'm sure Melody will be doing the event again, so make sure to sign up and be apart of the next one!!

Check out my photos from Crave!

No comments: