Monday, June 2, 2008

I Heart SIFF

This blog is not related to fashion at all, sorry... I do like things other than fashion! ;)



For those of you who know me, you know I LOVE going to see movies. It gives you a chance to escape life and travel somewhere else, be someone else or just get away for some mindless humor...

The Seattle International Film Festival is in full swing and so far I've seen some really great movies.

I've been volunteering for 3 years now and not only do I get to see tons of amazing movies but I also get vouchers to see the movies I want for free!

So far this year I've seen:
Battle in Seattle - Can't say I really liked this movie but I think I'll give it another chance when it comes out... I just wasn't able to attach myself to any of the characters.
The Art of Negative Thinking - This movie was entertaining, I definitelly laughed.
The Home Song Stories - I could relate a little to this movie. It was very well written! One fashion related note, I loved all the different cheongsam's the mother wore. They were beautiful!
American Teen - I loved this documentary - the q&a after made me love it even more! Definitely go see it when it comes out in theaters.
Captain Abu Raed - Very well done and enjoyable. The characters were easy to like. The q&a at the end made me like it even more. Also, liked that is was "The first independent film from Jordan, and the first Jordanian feature in 50 years".

I plan on still seeing:
Choke
Phoebe in Wonderland
Jolene
Frozen River
The Wackness
Cherry Blossoms - Hanami

If they have a Q&A after, I suggest staying, you learn some interesting facts and you can ask those burning questions.

I'm sure I'll see more but for now that is what I have tickets for... Any recommendations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should go see "Jolene" and please, please, please write a review. There are a lot of girls who´s been waiting for this movie since October 2006 so they would really appreciate your review. Thanks.