Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jackie Kennedy Photos & More

This morning I got an email from LIFE.com which "features exclusive never-before-published Jackie Kennedy photos. In honor of her wedding anniversary to JFK, Editors share their favorite unpublished frames from the Camelot era."

The photos are being shown "to celebrate the anniversary of the day she became a Kennedy on September 12th 1953, LIFE presents bonus never-before-published shots from its famous coverage of John F. Kennedy’s stunning, stylish wife. See photos of Jackie taken during the couple's 10 years together: on her wedding day, on the campaign trail, and more."

The photos are beautiful! Make sure to check them out!

I have a soft spot for Jackie-O. She was so stylish and unique. I saw an exhibit at the MET a few years back which was amazing! It was an exhibit of her clothing while in the white House. Here are some of the photos from that as well.

Lastly, to top it all off, Neiman Marcus sent out an email titled: RETRO FIT: '60s polish with a twist from today. I went to their site to check out the clothing and I feel it fits in perfect with the Jackie-O pictures and her style. So I have to share it with you.

I am so in love with clothing for this era... The dresses, the belts, the coats, the accessories... Love them all!

P.S. If you like this beautiful silver coat pictured you can own it for a mere $14,650. It's a Valentino hand-embroidered coat: Silver with allover embroidery and dyed mink (Italy) collar; snap front. Long sleeves. Side slash pockets. Wool/cashmere. Made in Italy. I have a feeling I won't be getting that for Christmas...

No comments: