It's so crazy to think it's going to be 2009 in several hours. I remember thinking when I was a kid that in the 2000's we'd have flying cars and life would be like the Jetson's. We are definitely more advanced than we were in the 80's and 90's but sadly not Jetson like... Maybe in the year 3000 but then again I won't be here to see that... Unless of course I go sign up for cryogenics and freeze myself along the way. Nah!
2008 was a good year for me!
- The hubby turned 34 and I turned 31 (I got to see my first drag show for my big day!).
- Traveled home to see family and friends and reconnected with my adorable cousins.
- I went to NY with friends (saw Xanadu, had tea at The Plaza, attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade and much more).
- Saw the Dalai Lama speak at Seahawk Stadium
- Went on a road trip with hubby and checked out some cool cities in Washington.
- Had several friends get married in WA and CO.
-Celebrated friends and family members birthdays, one memorable b'day included an 80's party that lastesd all weekend!
- Urban Fashion Network turned 1. We attended some amazing events and met some great people along the way.
- Participated in my 2nd Danskin Triathlon. Ran the Vancouver Half Marathon.
- Went on a wine/biking trip with friends in Walla Walla.
- My dad retired after 40 years of working - lucky, lucky guy!!
Plus there were so many great days with friends and family in 2008! I can't wait to see what 2009 has to offer!
Have a happy new year - stay safe out there!