Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Tri'd and Finished!

No, that's not a spelling error, today was the Danskin Triathalon (or Tri as it is also called). Regina and I have been training for awhile for it but honestly not as hard as we did last year. We knew what to expect, whereas last year we were scared to death of the unknown.

I was feeling pretty good and was ready for it... but as soon as I got in the water I had a mini freakout . I had trouble focusing and there were so many people around me, I just couldn't get into a rythmn. I contemplated swimming over to one of the cutie guys on the surfboards and asking for a quick escape. Thankfully I didn't and I did indeed make it through the swim. Sadly it took me almost 5 minutes longer this year than last (ouch!)... I did better this year on the biking and run, so that made me feel good.

The Danskin is a very uplifting race - the thousands of women around you are really supportive and you hear alot of "Go girl", "Almost there!", "You can do it", etc... It energizes you.

Crossing that finish line though is the best for 2 reasons. 1) I'm done! and 2) I did it! (I may be done with Danskin for awhile, on to something new... Maybe the STP will be next. Who knows!)

I know this isn't fashion related so let me try and make it sound fashion-y. I was sporting some lovely tri shorts in black and a bright blue sport tank from a local "boutique" called REI. For swimming I wore a baby blue swim cap - ohhh, ahhhh... Regina wore a lime green one. Very chic! ;)

Thanks to all of you who offered up some kind and supportive words before and after the race - It always helps!

No comments: