Sunday, October 14, 2007

DIFFA Party at the Mansion

What a fabulous night we had last night! It was the 3rd annual Party at the Mansion held at the Rainier Club in Downtown Seattle.

UFN had 4 silent auction tables of local designers who we support and who support us. The auction was a success! I'm not sure yet on how much was raised but once I find out I will let you know.

The night started out with hundreds of people mingling in the silent auction area and a few of the other rooms. The auction area is definitely where most people were for the first half of the party. They had a signature drink for the evening, a French Martini I believe it was called. It was delicious, I have no idea how many I had. (We had a DD, no worries!)

The auction ended at about 10:45. I was a little upset b/c I bid on The Industry gift certificate and I watched a guy "snake me" after the auction ended. He was not happy he did not win so he snuck over to the table and put his number down AFTER IT WAS OVER... I was a little upset but the money goes to DIFFA so I let it go... (after a little grumbling of course). He didn't know it was for me, he thought it was for Dawn... so not only did he cheat but he thought he was cheating a pregnant woman... Guess I'm not the only one with a first class ticket to hell buddy (see previous blog to understand)! There is a chance he could read this so I will say there is no ill will NOW but I wasn't really happy with you last night mr. pleather pants man - that was going to be a Christmas gift for my husband!

So anyways, after we sorted out our auction items, we hit the dance floor running. Regina, Birna, myself and Julian danced for quite sometime. We closed down the party as far as I could tell. I had fun snapping a ton of pictures, all of which you can see here.

We met alot of new people, all of whom I hope we stay in touch with. Hi Kimberly from Clutch! Hi Jesse (both of you)! Hi Doctor guys! Hi Aaron! Hi Rick with the cool suit! Hi JJ! Hi Sarah who makes shoes! You all were lovely! Everyone was great, even you mr. pleather pants were fun before the gift card incident. I can forgive. I forgive...

Lastly, we'd like to extend a special thanks to the following designers and companies that donated for the silent auction, we could have never pulled it off w/o you: Le Clair Handcrafted Cards, Chuckles Central, Dandy by CL Young, La Ti Da Da, Scary White Girl Designs, Sweet Pea Cards, Mark Moody Photography, Carla Sonheim, Wire Tree, Knelow Cosmetics, The Makeup Project, Urban Botanic, La Rousse Boutique, Sonja Clothes to Live In, The Industry, The Last Waltz, Adelita, Glee Day Spa, Effie's Heart, Chatty D, Revival Ink, Lunch Designs, Sam Trout, Glam Garb, Cadence Clothing, Rekoj Design, Una, Red Delicious Handbag, MishMash, Sal’vij, Laura Bee Designs, Maya Moon, Tarah Prater Designs, Marlo M, Carolyn Buss Jewelry, Anna Perrone Jewelry, Shamila Jewelry, Cintli Jewelry, Birna Jewelry, Lauren Schwartz Jewelry, Catalyst Designs, Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria, Julian Helt, Melissa Haug, and Birna Sigurbjornsdottir

1 comment:

Michelle.e.n said...

That was so not right Mr pleather pants man! It looks like you had a awesome time! I love the pictures, you look wonderful! Your blog is great, and your site is FABULOUS!! Love ya, Michelle