Friday, September 28, 2007

Holiday Parties...

It may be to early to be thinking of such things but I have found myself doing just that... At my day job, the girls all get excited for the Winter Ball and we all discuss what dresses we're going to wear, how our hair will be, who we're bringing (for those who have that choice), shoes, etc...

I purchased my dress last winter at Anthropologie when it finally went on sale. I had been contemplating buying it at full price for last years party but decided to hold off and find something a little cheaper... After all it's just a work party, there is no red carpet... So anyways, I went back into the store a few months after the party and found it on the sale rack marked down 2 times... and the only one they had was in my size. Oh and did I mention my sister had given me a $25 gift card so that made it even more cheaper!! I think it came to $50... (it was originally $250) I, of course, purchased it assuming I would eventually wear this beautiful yet inexpensive dress someday.

So, the plan is to wear it for my company holiday party in December... However, we have a fancy DIFFA event coming up in October so I may wear it there too.

I went on Anthropologie today to see if I could find the dress and put a picture up... No luck. However I did find several beautiful dresses on sale!

I think the moral of this blog is to be looking for those dresses all year b/c you can find a great deal on a beautiful dress when you least expect it. Make sure it's a classic style though or you'll be wearing a dress that looked "so last season"...

Time to start thinking about shoes (YAY!)... Any suggestions for where I should start looking?

No comments: