Thursday, September 3, 2009

Neiman Marcus is Opening Sept 11th!

Today it has been confirmed, I'll be able to cover the Neiman Marcus Gala on Thursday September 10th for UFN! Dawn will be accompanying me so I can take pictures and have someone to help me re-cap the event.

Not only will it be a fetching event (you like that?) but it's also for a good cause. The company will be donating all the money raised from their ticket sales to Hopelink, Overlake Hospital Medical Center and PONCHO. I have learned it is pretty much SOLD OUT!!

From what I have been reading online from a Bellevue Blog, "Bellevue's new store is the only new Neiman Marcus opening this year in the nation, and it's just the 41st store in the country. Read more about why Neiman picked Bellevue in this story by Seattle Times reporter Amy Martinez from last year. "

Also, "The Bellevue store will also feature 166 works of art from 27 artists who reside in, or have strong ties to, the area, the company says. And the Texas company appears to have noticed our passion for recycling. From the press release: "An exciting theme, 'the art of recycled material,' runs throughout the art collection. Various artists have interpreted the use of found and recyclable materials. Their unique and dynamic translations of this theme are exhibited storewide"."

4 comments:

Darrah said...

Kam and I are going too!! Should be fun! I just bought a dress for it last night at Banana Republic.

Love, Youa said...

I'm so jealous I won't be there.

Tarah, Urban Fashion Network said...

Yeah Darrah, so happy you'kll be there! I think I have my dress all picked out... I did find one today that would have rocked but it was a tiny bit to tight and I'd have to stand all night HAHA!!! I'll email you about Bellevue.

Youa, so sad ou can't attend. I'll let you know how it goes though, I promise! ;)

Tarah, Urban Fashion Network said...

Wow I can't spell it seems...