Monday, December 10, 2007

2007 All Summed Up

I'm taking Regina's quiz!! You should as well, what else do you have to do? Come on... you're read my blog, you're life can't be that busy at this moment.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Went snowboarding and snowshoeing, started a new business, turned 30, celebrated being married for a year, went to Mexico, saw John Mayer in concert 4 times, did a triathlon, was in my mom's wedding, applied for a home loan but decided to hold off a bit...

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually didn't make one for 2007.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a few friends: Melody gave birth to an adorable baby boy, Jenny gave birth to her 2nd son and Dawn will be having her 2nd son Dec 20th.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandad, Bill. We buried him in Nashville in January.

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, Canada

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More money is always nice, and a home that we own.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 22 - my 1 year anniversary. We made it over that first year hump... We had a lovely getaway weekend!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting UFN

9. What was your biggest failure?
An issue I had at my day job - kinda had me down for about a week.
Identity Fraud, it just sucks!!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did get sick this year but just once...

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Buying my bike was pretty exciting

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I will agree with Regina... Way to go Melody!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That pleather pants man from the DIFFA party... I could be wrapping that gift card that he snaked from me for my hubby right now... grrr...
Person who stole my coat from the Rick Springfield coat...
Person who stole my identity - I really dislike you. You win the award for suckiest person of 2007!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Eating out, shopping, rent, bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Mexico
Seeing John Mayer 4 times this year and getting as close as the 6th row in Vancouver.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2007?
"Waiting on the world to Change" - John Mayer
"Umbrella" - Rihanna
"Sensual Seduction" - Snoop Dogg
"Rehab" - Amy Winehouse

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? depends on the day :(
iii. richer or poorer? a tad bit richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eat out

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With Jeff's family in Colorado

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Of course... with the hubby!

23. How many one-night stands?
Marriage kinda gets in the way here... Plus I would have to say zero if I was single, not my thing.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
chuck, pushing daisies, reaper

25. What was the best book you read?
Can't remember but I did manage to read 3 while in Mexico which is HUGE for me.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Eric Hutchinson

27. What did you want and get?
Bike - (a kayak too but have yet to get that...)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw so many cool films at SIFF I can't pick

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 this year. My husband rented out The Big Picture and invited all my friends and family. Then he had them takes photos as I walked in like they were the paparazzi. We had drinks and watched John Mayer's DVD on the big screen. (I really am a fan people!!) Then we had a delicious cake of chocolate and bananas (my favorite) from Macrina Bakery while I opened gifts. It was so perfect! He did such an amazing job!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If we had bought a house

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I love trends but I also got more into independent designers this year. I even fell in love with boutique shopping!!

32. What kept you sane?
Friends, UFN and making jewelry

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, hard one... kidding. John Mayer!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
No clue

35. Who did you miss?
Family

36. Who were the best new people you met?
I met some really cool people this year. I couldn't even name them all and I would fear I would forget someone. You all know who you are - we see you often and it's always so much fun to see you and chat. I hope to grow those relationships and to continue to call you friends!

37. What valuable life lesson(s) did you learned in 2007?

How to be more assertive

38. What was your favorite moment of the year?
Waking up next to Regina... haha... We stayed with Nate and Kristin up at Glacier and had to share a bed. OH, I thought this said your first memory... HAHA
My favorite memory would not be waking up next to Regina (Sorry Regina) but would be turning 30. I had a great birthday!!

39. Where were you when 2007 began and who were you with?
Mt. Baker with my friends Melissa, Regina, Kristin and her husband Nate.

40. Where were you when 2007 ended and who were you with?
Not sure yet but it sounds like we may be at a party with Jeff's co-workers and friends... Stay tuned.

41. How many different states did you travel to in 2007?
Nashville, Florida, Georgia, Oregon

42. How many concerts did you see in 2007?
John Mayer, Rick Springfield, Pres. of the United States of America, Coolio, Rob Base and Naughty by Nature

43. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I have no idea yet...

My mom got married in 2007

No comments: